Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Amazing!

Sometimes MJ just amazes us with her intelligence.
The other night, I was trying to finish some reading for class while MJ was playing in our living room. I was sitting on the couch and to try to keep MJ busy for a minute I asked her if she would give me a block that was sitting on the nearby side table. We have a set of 10 blocks, with 5 colors (2 red, 2 blue, 2 orange, 2 green and 2 yellow).
So, I asked MJ if she could bring me the blue block. She walked over to the stack of blocks, correctly picked out a blue one and climbed up on the couch and handed it to me. Thinking it was luck that she actually picked out the block of the right color, I asked her then if she could bring me the yellow block. She got off the couch, went over to the stack of blocks, correctly picked out a yellow one, climbed back up on the couch and handed it to me. She did this with all 10 blocks, giving them to me or to Jared. It was amazing!
We had no idea that she knew colors, much less that she could identify them so well.

No comments: