I figured that I had better update the blog before I got so inundated with school that I wouldn't have time...
This summer has been hectic. Yet, we weren't able to do nearly as many things as we wanted to. No camping trips, hardly any hiking, few vacations. But, as I was working full time and take 3 classes. It was hard to get away from all the homework.
We were able to make a quick trip up to Idaho to see my Grandma, Aunt Evelyn, Uncle Brian and their family. It was a great trip and did the soul good to see everyone. Pocatello is very pretty.
This past weekend, we drove up North to welcome Jared's mom, Geri, back from Russia. MJ wasn't feeling well and had a really bad, sleepless night. So, we weren't able to stay for very long- just overnight. But it was great to see that she was home safely and to hear her stories about Russia.
This upcoming Saturday, I will be running in my first 5k. I just hope I don't die. A 5k isn't very long, but this one will be on trails at 9,600 feet. Should be fun!
Jared (along with his sister, brother & brother-in-law) will be running a half-marathon in the middle of September. All I can say is "Good Luck"! The half marathon is in Cedar Canyon and will be down hill the whole way. I opted out since it would put way too much strain on my knees (and I don't have time to train for more than 30 minutes in the morning).
SUU's fall semester starts on Monday. I'll be taking 6 classes (18 credits) this semester while working part time. It will be a real change to go to school full time, but I will be finished with my much Bachelor's sooner.
Since Jared is now working full time, he has decided to try taking classes through the Western Governor's University. All classes are offered online and are competency-based, rather than credit hour based. The programs are geared towards people that work and already possess some experience, so it should be a good fit. If we can get all his paperwork filed in time, he should be starting in September.
All in all, we have some good changes coming our way.
Now, to update on MJ. She is as beautiful, silly and intelligent as ever. She is now 16 months old and gets more fun every day. During the fall, I will be able to spend an extra hour with her everyday and I can't wait! She absolutely loves to color (on everything, including herself), read books, splash in the pool, take bubble baths, eat corn on the cob, jump on the couch, dance, pretend to be a monster, play hide and seek, run in the grass and give gifts of rocks. She make us smile with everything she does.
No comments:
Post a Comment