I know I promised to post some video of MJ... But, I can't get the video to save on my computer. It says I don't have a DVD decoder or something dumb like that. I will eventually figure it out and post the video.
MJ is so darn cute. I love just watching her play, discover and explore. She is very good at climbing on and off the couch, my bed, and the rocking chair. Once in a while she tumbles and has the bruises to prove it. All in all, she's very resilient and keeps trying until she masters whatever she's doing. She amazed me the other day by taking out and inserting a straw into a plastic-lidded cup. I know it sounds dumb, but I couldn't believe that she could be that dexterous and have such good depth-perception.
Any moment that I have free from homework and my job, I try to spend with my little one. She especially enjoys playing outside (and has the tan to prove it), splashing in the kiddie pool, finding bugs, and coloring. Lately she's been pretty grumpy (and cuddly!) because she has three molars coming in. Poor girl! But, generally she's a happy-go-lucky girl that is always on the go. I spend most of my time following her around picking up all the messes she makes. She empties drawers, the DVD cabinet, all the books from her bookshelf, all of the crayons onto the floor, the silverware from the dishwasher...
I am also constantly amazed by how much she comprehends. She can identify and point out nearly all objects in books (for example, we'll be looking at a book and I'll ask "Where is the teddy bear? and she immediately point to it). She can follow simple directions. And, she's starting to identify objects by color. Her vocabulary has increased to about 10 words, in addition to all of the animal sounds she can imitate. On Saturday she said two new words: done and boat. MJ is also very helpful. She'll put trash in the trash can, put clothes in the hamper, help me empty the dishwasher, and wipe off her highchair.
My little girl is growing up so fast! It's exciting and troublesome at the same time. As she gets older she's only becoming more opinionated and harder to catch.
In other news, Summer classes will be over in a month. Business Law is particularly burdensome and I want it to end quickly. I get to enjoy two whole weeks of freedom between semesters and then I'll be taking 18 credits in the Fall! I don't know what I've gotten myself into. Especially since I found out that I need to take the GMAT in early Fall to meet application deadlines for grad school.
Jared switched jobs. He is now working with Velocity Webworks out of St George. He gets to tele-commute most days and is making about $3 an hour more than his previous job. We're really hoping that things will turn out well and he'll be able to get some good experience in web development.
Until next time... Adieu!
No comments:
Post a Comment