I got the privilege of celebrating my first Mother's Day on the same day as my 24th birthday.
We didn't really do anything spectacular, but it was still fun to hang out with my family. Jared tried to make it a special day by cleaning the house, making me brinner (breakfast for dinner) and by giving me lots of gifts. I can't wait until MJ can sit up so we can use the baby carrier he got and go hiking. MJ tried to make my day special too by exhibiting some explosive poo that leaked everywhere out of her diaper.
I've been a Mom for 25 whole days now and I'm only really starting to feel like I can handle it. Being a Mom takes a lot more patience and time than I ever thought it would. I adore my little girl, but it's easy to become frustrated when she wakes up six times in one night. But, for all the messes, the inconsolable crying, constant worrying and sleepless nights, it all seems worth it when she smiles.
I am eternally grateful for my own parents. I am only beginning to understand how much they have loved me.
No comments:
Post a Comment