Monday, May 4, 2009

MJ's Birth

MJ Conlin was born on Wednesday, April 15th at 7:27 pm. She weighed 7 lbs and measured 19 inches long.
I started feeling regular contractions, about 16 minutes ap
art, on Tuesday, April 14th around 4 pm. We were admitted to the hospital around 10 am on Wednesday. I was having contractions every 4 minutes and was 3 cm dilated. Things were progressing slowly until I was given an epidural around 4 pm. Thank God for epidurals! And, after pushing for nearly two hours, MJ was born.
We were able to bring her home the next night. We were concerned about how our dog, Loki, would react to the baby, but she's been excellent. Our biggest problem is that Loki wants to lick the baby constantly.After only a few days at home, MJ had to be re-admitted to the hospital for jaundice. She had to stay under the billirubin lights constantly. The only time I was allowed to hold her was for feedings. It was terrible. MJ stayed in the hospital for two days, coming home on Jared's birthday- April 21.
Since the
n, MJ has been perfectly healthy and happy.
She's an excellent baby. She already sleeps mostly through the night (yeah!). She loves taking baths, eating, and going for rides in the car. She's almost four weeks old now and she's growing fast, weighing about 8 1/2 lbs and measuring 22 inches long.

No comments: