I didn't get around to writing a Christmas letter this year. I was too busy. I have a bit of time now that I'd like to use to reminisce about the past year.
Jared
Jared found a new passion this year - running. He competed in two half marathons and was able to achieve his goal of finishing under 2:30. Jared started working for Velocity Webworks in June. He does sales for websites (mostly for quilting companies) and holds the title of CEO. He enjoys his job and works from home 3 days a week. Due to our switch in work situations, Jared has transferred to Western Governor's University to complete his degree in Information Systems. All of his classes are online, allowing for much more flexibility. The system the school runs on is very non-traditional, but Jared is well on his way to graduation.
Jared and I celebrated our 5-year anniversary in October. Thanks to the kindness of my mom, the two of us were able to escape to Southern California for a few days. We had a blast and can't wait until the day that we will be able to afford to go on more trips.
Jared and I celebrated our 5-year anniversary in October. Thanks to the kindness of my mom, the two of us were able to escape to Southern California for a few days. We had a blast and can't wait until the day that we will be able to afford to go on more trips.
Cambria
Due to budget cuts, I was laid off from my position at SUU at the end of March. I quickly received multiple job offers and was only without work for three days, though. With the change of circumstances, I chose to work part-time and pursue my education full time, so that I can escape being a secretary for the rest of my life. I now have only 5 classes left to complete, looking forward to graduating May 2011 with my Bachelor's of Science in Marketing. This last semester I took 18 credits and earned a 4.0. I'm now in the process of applying to two graduate programs in Denver, Colorado.
I currently work at the Volunteer Center of Iron County, which has been interesting. I work to recruit, retain and recognize our volunteer base of about 700 people. One the funnest things I did over the summer was to recruit, lineup, and coordinate the Iron County Parade. It was a lot of work, but I utilized a lot of my marketing education.
I currently work at the Volunteer Center of Iron County, which has been interesting. I work to recruit, retain and recognize our volunteer base of about 700 people. One the funnest things I did over the summer was to recruit, lineup, and coordinate the Iron County Parade. It was a lot of work, but I utilized a lot of my marketing education.
Being inspired by Jared, I tried my hand at running as well. I ran in a 5k in September and placed 2nd in my age division, lost 10 pounds, and then promptly quit. The only time I could find to run was at 5:30 in the morning and it became impossible to maintain since I had to stay up late to study. Maybe since I'm taking one less class in the Spring I'll be able to start running again...
MJ
MJ has grown and changed in the last year beyond belief. At the beginning of the year, MJ wasn't even walking or talking much. She was still our baby girl! In April, we celebrated her first birthday with a bug-themed party. Soon afterward she began to walk in earnest and now she's unstoppable. MJ can now read very simple books to me, point out about 200 items and name them, count (though not in much of an order), and say a few sentences. She loves to run, jump, splash in the tub and in puddles, color, wrap up her baby dolls, and play in the snow. She's become very opinionated and insists on making all her own decisions.She loves monsters, dinosaurs and anything "scary". She is an absolute joy and we delight in spending every minute with her (even though she's recently started to throw a lot of temper-tantrums).
A look ahead
We have some exciting changes to look forward to in 2011. We're planning on moving to Denver after I graduate in May. We'll miss being near my family, but there is a serious lack of good jobs in this area. I'm hoping to start my career in marketing while completing my Master's degree. But if things don't work out, then I'll be going to school full-time and be finished in 15 months.
We just took a quick trip to Denver to tour grad schools, and we're really ecstatic about moving! It's a lovely place with many parks, beautiful scenery, ski resorts, breweries, museums, family activities, and things to keep us busy. Once we're settled into our new place, we invite anyone to come stay with us.
Jared will turn 30 this year (and MJ will be 2)! Family and friends should plan on coming for a visit in April, as I will be planning a big party. I'm open to suggestions about some big, fun thing that Jared and I could do to celebrate as well. I'm thinking something like skydiving...
A look ahead
We have some exciting changes to look forward to in 2011. We're planning on moving to Denver after I graduate in May. We'll miss being near my family, but there is a serious lack of good jobs in this area. I'm hoping to start my career in marketing while completing my Master's degree. But if things don't work out, then I'll be going to school full-time and be finished in 15 months.
We just took a quick trip to Denver to tour grad schools, and we're really ecstatic about moving! It's a lovely place with many parks, beautiful scenery, ski resorts, breweries, museums, family activities, and things to keep us busy. Once we're settled into our new place, we invite anyone to come stay with us.
Jared will turn 30 this year (and MJ will be 2)! Family and friends should plan on coming for a visit in April, as I will be planning a big party. I'm open to suggestions about some big, fun thing that Jared and I could do to celebrate as well. I'm thinking something like skydiving...
No comments:
Post a Comment