Friday, February 12, 2010

Crawling Maniac

After months of only pushing herself backward, MJ one day decided to crawl forward and now she's unstoppable! I suspected that she was going to skip over crawling all together and go straight to walking, since that's what she's interested in. For weeks all she wanted to do was pull herself up and cruise along the furniture. It really surprised us all around when she crawled right across the room. Now we're in a mad panic to baby proof our house. We've been scoping out and comparing safety gates for a while. But, when we went to Target last weekend, there were none left in store. I ordered some online, but with all the snow back East, they're delayed until next Tuesday! MJ in the mean time has taken quite an interest in the stairs and it's a constant fight to keep her away from them. Several times I've barely caught her before she tumbled head first down the flight of stairs. She's very adept at climbing the stairs too. She can get about halfway up before she tires of it.

MJ also has quite an interest in the dog's food. We only feed Loki once a day, but the dog doesn't chow it all down quickly. Instead Loki goes back and forth from the bowl in the kitchen to the living room and sometimes she won't eat her food at all. MJ watches the dog eating and thinks that the food is for her too. MJ also likes to bark at our dog- or any others that she sees whether it be on tv, in a book or on the street.
For Valentine's day we'll be (hopefully) driving to Kanab to eat at Escobar's. I know... we're real romantics! But, it is pretty much the best Mexican food place in existence.
And, MJ will be 10 months old on Monday!! I've already started to plan her 1st birthday. It will be awesome.

No comments: