You can tell I’m back in school as it’s been two months since
I last posted.
Things are going well. MJ thoroughly enjoyed swimming
lessons and graduated to the next class, which she can start
at the age of 3. She didn’t like going under water much, but
she’s great at kicking, paddling and blowing bubbles. We go to
story time at the library nearly every Saturday, as well. She’s
becoming quite a book lover and has an amazing memory for
stories. MJ is really blossoming at preschool too. She’s
becoming much less shy, more willing to share, follow directions,
and looks forward to seeing her friends (almost) every day. She
also loves going to “Fun Bus” (a gymnastics type class) and to
Music and Me class at preschool. She’s also getting really close
to being potty trained (with the help of sticker brides, of course).
MJ is very excited for Halloween and has had her costume
picked out for months. Ever since we went to the Museum of
Nature and Science in August, she’s insisted on dressing up at
as a pirate. She’s practicing saying “Argh! Give me some candy”
for trick-or-treating.
In other news, school and jobs are going well. Both Jared and I
received raises at work after only 3 months, which came as a
pleasant surprise. Both of my grad classes haven’t been as
terrible as anticipated, though much of my time is still spent doing
homework. I am NOT a fan of night classes and can’t wait for the
next two years to fly by so I can recoup my lost sleep.
We’re getting quite settled in Colorado and really enjoy owning a
home. We’ve repainted just about every room and, since IKEA
opened, spent most of our disposable income on furnishings.
Jared and I frequently have reoccurring conversations about
how much we love our life here and how glad we are to have
moved. By Thanksgiving we will have a guest room all set up,
so please feel welcome to come for a visit.
|
Friday, October 28, 2011
Good Times
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment