Friday, July 8, 2011

Incredibly Busy June

After several ups and downs with the financing for our house, we finally were able to close and move in on time! Jared and I are really excited to be home owners. It feels like a huge accomplishment. Our house is very nice, but far from perfect. Once we have the money, we'll be installing air conditioning, landscaping, ceiling fans, lighting in the bedrooms, and so on... But, it's ours!


Kitchen
Living Room

We've already taken on a simple project that turned out fairly well. In the kitchen there was a decorative backsplash of brown glass tile. We ripped it out and replaced it with pretty blue glass tiles and switched the cabinet hardware. That little change really made the house feel more like ours. I know it'll be a LONG process, but eventually the whole house will reflect some style and personality. We have a huge list of things we'd like to buy at IKEA when it opens July 27th (counting down the days).
Jared in heaven at the LEGO store
We've also kept busy doing a bit of exploring in our new surroundings. We've been to the Denver Arts Museum, the Cherry Creek Arts Festival, 16th Street Mall, tons of shops, parks and tours of the local hardware stores. Jared is especially excited about the nearby LEGO store. 


MJ has done pretty well with the move. It's obvious that she misses spending days with Grandma, but she's adjusting. We've found a really great Montessori preschool for her to attend once things get settled. She loves playing in the backyard of our house, seeing the turtles that live next door, watering our newly planted tree, and going out with us on adventures. 
At the Museum


I have also found a job! I interviewed at about 6 different places and received two job offers in one day. I will be working for ALPS Fund Services in Downtown Denver (directly across the street from the Denver Art Museum). They do mutual fund servicing and I will be an Accounts Payable Processor. While it isn't a job that will use my marketing skills, the pay is good, I'll receive benefits and the schedule is flexible. The company is also large and growing, so the possibility of transferring to a marketing related position or working my way up is likely. 

All in all, things are all falling into place. I'll be starting grad classes at the end of August. Right now I'm just enjoying having a bit of free time.

No comments: