MJ's first birthday was a smashing success. It was a bug theme. We had ladybug and butterfly cupcakes. And, I made a smash cake of a ladybug just for MJ to enjoy. At first she was a little tentative about eating the cake, but after tasting the icing, she dove right in, grabbing handfuls and shoving them in her mouth.


She also enjoyed opening all of her presents. It was hard getting her to maintain interest in opening rather than playing with her other presents. I think her favorite part of the day was riding home in the car from the store with all of her balloons. She was giggling and playing the whole way. 

I can't beleive my baby girl is one! She has grown up way too fast. She is now getting a lot more confident with walking and will take several steps before losing her balance. She's suprised us a few times by making it all the way across the living room.
MJ enjoys reading books, singing songs and listening to music, and making constant messes. Some of her favorite foods are yogurt, blueberries, cheese and eggs. She will try to eat just about anything that Jared and I have and really enjoys sharing her food with us too. MJ also likes to make funny faces and give hugs and kisses. She's such a joy to have around. We're thouroughly looking forward to continuing to watch her grow, learn and mature.
We celebrated Jared's birthday recently too. For hating birthdays, I think he still had a good one. Next year we'll have to throw a big party for his 30th.
School is now over for the semester. I suprisingly got an A- in my Business Statistics course. Jared did well, too. We have a 4 week break between semesters before summer semester starts. But, I'm on track to finish my BS in Marketing in Spring 2011- only one more year!
Jared is now working for Ruesch Motorsports as a Web Programmer. He feels he's in way over his head, but is really enjoying the work and is learning a lot. I am working for the Volunteer Center of Iron County. I'll be working full time during the summer and then cut back to part time once Fall semester starts. I'm hoping to use some marketing skills in this position and really grow the program I'm working with.
All in all, things have been pretty good. We're as busy as ever, but there are so many things to enjoy and be thankful for.
No comments:
Post a Comment