Thursday, October 15, 2009

6 Months Old!!


Our baby girl is now six months old. It's amazing how fast time has flown by. It's also amazing how much MJ has changed and developed within six short months. She's developing her own little personality, tastes, preferences and is really becoming her own little person. It's so exciting!

MJ now can sit for short periods of time all on her own. She doesn't yet show much aptitude towards crawling, but that's probably because she doesn't spend much time on the floor. We look forward to all the fun things that will happen in the next six months- crawling, pulling up, walking, playing... Babies are so much fun!She went to the doctor today for her six month checkup. MJ now weighs just over 15 pounds and is 26.5 inches long. An interesting note on the growth chart said that for her height, her weight should be 17 pounds. So, she's remaining really tall and skinny.

This weekend we get the pleasure of having Jared's parent come for a visit. Should be fun! We're going to try to make a trip up to Bryce Canyon on Saturday, if the weather stays nice. Though it's a three-day weekend, I think it will mostly be spent doing homework. I have a calculus test to study for :(.

In other news, we now have grass in our backyard. We just hope that the sod will take before the snow falls. We may try to enjoy it this weekend with a barbecue.

And, next weekend, Jared and I will be going to Vegas for the U2 concert. We can't wait!!! I'm sure that I'll be going crazy the whole time we're away from MJ though. But, I am definitely looking forward to getting one night of solid sleep!

No comments: